Saturday, August 7, 2010

Keeping it Juicy

I received an email recently from SG#1 informing me that the blog posts are getting a little less than juicy. And it got me thinking. Yes, we have only been dating for a few months now, but is the honeymoon over? Is it the end of juicy? How does one keep it juicy?

I must admit that part of the lack of va-va-va voom is because I know SG#1 is reading my every word, so it’s hard to express my inner dialogue without wondering if he will think I’m a crazy person for what goes on in my head. But, alas, that is what a blog is. So, loyal blog readers, fret not. I promise I will from now on keep it real, keep it juicy and keep writing!

So in real news, we’re leaving today to spend the weekend in Vancouver. It’s our first trip together, so it should be interesting. I think people’s quirks come out easier under the stress of traveling (mine do for sure), so maybe the honeymoon really is over and we’ll start to get to know each other’s real side this weekend. Truth be told, we haven’t had a lot of time to spend with each other seeing our real sides. Between travel schedules and exams it’s hard to find time for more than a quick bite or a movie.

I’m definitely looking forward to some quality time and I also think I’m ready for the honeymoon to be over. I like the inside of relationships. It’s like the inside of an orange peel, where all the juicy goodness is. And after a year of just zesting the peel with countless dates, it’s fun to finally get to the juicy segments…so the juice is not over, it’s just beginning.

1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to hear about how vancouver was! are you two lovebirds free for dinner monday night?

    ReplyDelete