Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Big 4-0

It's official. I've hit 40! Forty dates that is. I realize Coqueta is waaaay ahead of me by now, but I'm still pretty excited about catching up to the half-way mark.

I don't think SG#1 knew that we were on my 40th date, but it was a good one nonetheless. We started out at the Big Picture to see Inception. The Big Picture is a great place to take a date: it has an intimately cozy atmosphere and they take orders for drinks and food to be delivered to your seat while you watch the movie. Although our second round of drinks never actually made it to our hot little hands, the movie was absolutely spellbinding. I couldn't peel my eyes from the screen! If you haven't seen Inception, it is definitely an excellent date movie, especially for a late-night dinner conversation starter - which is what we did next.

It's not surprising (but always appreciated) that SG#1 had reservations for dinner perfectly timed for one after-movie-drink and a jaunt across the street to Black Bottle. I don't know if he was purposely attempting to reinvent my Black Bottle history, (if you remember, my first date with the guy I married in my head was at Black Bottle and I mentioned it was one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle...tricky SG#1!) but it was definitely a 40th-date-night-to-remember: delicious food (although the brie and leek flatbread wasn't as good as I remembered), a super weird waitress and a good mix of funny and serious conversation.

SG#1 and I have been on roughly 20 dates so far and it has been a nice little adventure! Our dinner and a movie date was a good break from our typical drinking with dinos and trapeze flying dates and, of course, SG#1 managed to spice it up with a swanky movie theater and tasty dinner. I think it was time for us to lose ourselves in conversation with "just us" since we spend most of our time working/studying, hanging out with friends and world-traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment