Friday, April 2, 2010

Fifty, nifty exciting dates...

I reached a pretty significant milestone—halfway through this little dating challenge! Though you wouldn’t be able to tell from the infrequency of my blog posts (oh school…), I have passed the 50 date mark!

And so, of late, I’ve been asked on many occasions: “how is it?”

After 50 dates, I’ve done so many amazing things! I’ve traveled the world through restaurants: Japanese, Ethiopian, Indian, Italian, and everywhere in between! Traipsing through museums, aquariums, and participating in trivia nights have allowed me to expand my mind. I’ve gone on numerous adventures, including rock climbing, hiking, and skiing. Movies, plays, and roller derby have offered quality entertainment. And throughout, I’ve met some really amazing people!

It’s seems like an oxymoron, but despite the overabundance of social activities in my (already busy) life, dating feels…lonely. The problem is, every first date involves the same conversation: “How many brothers and sisters do you have? Where did you grow up? What do you do, day-to-day, in your job?.....” And by the second or third date, I’ve usually decided that I’m not really into the person. The connection rarely feels authentic or sincere.

At the end of a long, hard day in the hospital, when all I want to do is snuggle up to a movie or talk about my day, no one is there. While many of the guys I have dated are willing to vent about their lives on the first date, I’m a little more reserved. I need to feel a real level of trust and understanding.

And so, increasingly, I find myself craving a “real” relationship.

1 comment:

  1. Well said Coqueta! I feel the same way! I'm only at date 19 though, so I have some catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete