Saturday, February 5, 2011

The end of an era...in stats

One hundred dates. That's no small feat! As fun as dating is, it takes a lot of time and energy. And when you add a blog to the equation, it almost becomes a full time job! While I have documented almost half of my dating adventures, some of the encounters will have to be left to memory (or erased from my brain as quickly as possible).

To finish up my blogging tenure, I thought it'd be fun to look at the numbers of the project. So, here is a brief outline of what my past year (and change) entailed:
  • Dates I went on: 100
-Individual guys: 39
*Johns: 7
*Michaels: 3
*Matts: 2
  • Number of guys I've been on more than one date with: 19
  • Most “official” dates with one guy: 13
  • Number of guys I've kissed: 11
  • Number of guys who met my family: 5
  • Number of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (4) or world travelers (23)
-Total: 27
  • Guys born in another country: 5
  • Restaurants dined at: 54
-Genres of food: Japanese, Italian, Thai, Indian, Diner/American, Spanish, Ethiopian,breakfast, French, Mediterranean, Mexican, Northwest/seafood, Vietnamese, El Salvadorian, Fast food, Nicaraguan, Chinese, Vegetarian
-Fanciest locale: Maximilien
-Least fancy: McDonald's
  • Bars visited: 22
  • Home cooked meals: 10
  • Ice Cream dates: 4
  • Cafés: 6
  • Activity dates: Helicopter Ride, EMP/SFM, SAM, Pacific Science Center, water taxi, Pike Place Market, ferry ride, play at 5th Avenue Theater, picnic, roller derby, aquarium, zoo, bar trivia, Bodies Exhibit, Jazz bar, easter egg dying, Study dates
  • Sporty dates: rock climbing, skiing, hiking, kayaking, jogging, paddle boarding
  • Parks visited: arboretum, Greenlake, South Lake Union park, Volunteer Park, Marine View Park, Alki Beach
  • Movies watched: 13
That's a brief intro. I've received other stat requests...which unfortunately I don't remember right now. But, feel free to write in with your statistic query and I'll try my best to let you know more details!

And so, now, the question remains....what does the romantic future hold for me?! The answer? I DON'T KNOW!

Dating has been fun...but I'm ready to settle down into something more serious and consistent. Unlike my blogging counterpart, however, I haven't found anyone with whom I feel a real connection. A wise friend (pseudo date #87) advised me that I can't force love (duh) but to just keep doing what I love, and good things will happen. And so, dear readers, keep your fingers crossed for me as I go on my blogging hiatus :)

In the meantime, I was offered a date for dinner and skiing in Colorado... We'll see if we can ever make it happen!

Thank you, dear friends, for your support and encouragement during this project! It was a lot of fun and I've made some valuable friendships through the process!

1 comment:

  1. COQUETA! We did it. 100 dates. Just one more last blog post and the project is complete. It's sad and happy and I'm so glad we were in it together.

    Cheers to dating!!

    ReplyDelete